Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lavandula


Lavender farm in Hokkaido


Purple equals spring for me. Lavender happens to be my favorite herb. I won't tell you my favorite flower, only my husband knows that. The article in the March issue of Living about the lavender farm about killed me. Really, the thought of living and working on a farm surrounded by swaying purple spikes as far as the eye can see is part of my intricate fantasy life. Especially one in Japan, where I think I once lived another lifetime ago. Don't we all have one of those? The life you keep a running montage of in your head when you are folding the laundry and searching for the lost toddler shoes for the third time in 20 minutes? Thought so.



So, here on the cusp of Spring, I am planning my container plantings, and since the weather is fickle, I am transferring all of my cabin fever to my knitting. I am making a gift pair from Sandra's Charade pattern in Karabella lace merino and the hand dyed hank by Madeleine Tosh will be for me.


Today's inspirational quote is from my daughter: What color is a burp? Burple.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Oh all that lavender!

the Lady said...

Hm, I didn't know they had lavender fields in Japan. I'd like to check out the ones in France any day though! Have you ever checked out www.whorledpeace.etsy.com? I LOVE her colors - the first purple yarn (and only, to date) is from her shop. LOVE.

Mo said...

My kids loved your daughter's inspirational quote :)

Ashley said...

These socks are going to be stunning! I love the pattern and the yarn is to die for! Purple is my favorite color, of course, lol :) I am so glad you have posted again..we were going into Heather withdrawals!

Carmen said...

Fields of lavender? They do that? Oh, and thanks for showing me that new blog. Absolutely beautiful writing! Right up my alley.

Shawna said...

i love all shades of purple:o) you're right, it is very "springy".