Friday, March 7, 2008

J's Farewell Socks

This weekend I will be saying goodbye to a very sweet family who are headed back to Germany. I wanted to make little J a gift to let him know how much he is loved and will be missed.


Pattern: basic toddler sock
Yarn: merino from Pigeonroof Studios
Needles: US size 1 DPN

I am using babel fish to translate this, so I have no idea if it is correct, but to Annette and her lovely family, auf wiedersehen liebe freunde, vermisse ich sie.


This was some of the flutter by sock progress. I got to the heel, tried it on, and it was too tight. The leg fit fine, but pulling it over my heel was a struggle. Is it possible to have fat heels? Quelle horreur. I ripped back and am knitting them with 1/3 rd less butterflies. Still pretty and the yarn held up well to being frogged and re knit.

All of this bungling of other languages makes me want to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's and You've Got Mail. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Shawna said...

aw...the little socks are so cute! i love that colorway. how did you like the yarn base? (i have never used pigeonroof studios before).

Mo said...

Little J's socks look great. Also I really love the pattern on the flutterby socks. It's lovely, as is the colorway of the yarn.

Christie said...

Cute socks all around.

Sandra said...

Deine Socken sind wunderschön. Herrlich Garn!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! I am loving the baby flutterby socks! I can't wait to see it all grown up! So proud :)

the Lady said...

Nice socks all around! I went toe-up. I did notice a slight bit of tightness around my instep, but nothing that I can't wear.