Thursday, March 27, 2008

Grandma's Charade Socks


Grandma's Charade Socks

Pattern: Charade by Sandra
Yarn: Karabella Lace Merino
Needles: US #1 dpn

The pattern and yarn worked well together. I like the fact that Charade is easily memorized and doesn't require notes, pencils, or attention. I am curious as to what a large scale item knit with this pattern would look like ( maybe a scarf). The yarn is soft and very stretchy, like the other Karabella yarns I've tried. The color palette is beautiful. These are for my Grandma, who I exchange letters with on a regular basis. She deserved a pair of socks as romantic and lovely as she is. I can't wait to visit her this weekend and see the look on her face. Surprise knit gifts are my favorite kind.

My mojo was hidden under Ashley's hank of woodland gnome. I cast on for some simple socks with it and am flying again. What a relief. I was worried I'd have to start making things up to keep y'all entertained.

5 comments:

Lolly said...

such a sweet pair of socks! they are perfect for spring ;)

umm... said...

Those socks are lovely, I'm sure she will be so pleased =) My mojo is still hiding...mostly because I still want to learn to needle knit, but the needles feel long & awkward, I'm not used to the motions, and it makes my hands hurt. I'm hoping if I keep pushing, I will get past the hump.

danielle said...

these came out great! i love the idea of using lace yarn... she'll love them.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

glad you found your knitting mojo--though I must say, I love whatever you write about, and you always keep me entertained!

I'll get my blogging mojo back soon, I hope ... it's hiding under books and trips--to Alabama, of all places! Just home from Muscle Shoals, where the children are very sweet ...

Frances

Sandra said...

oh my gosh, i am severely behind all of my blog reading. eep. anyway, i love the charades! they look so soft and squishy. i have to def check out the karabella lace merino now.