Thursday, February 7, 2008


Well, it is the year of the rat now. I am not a rat in Chinese astrology, I am an ox. In case you were wondering. I hope all of you sexy, charming rat types have an auspicious year.

I finally separated the sleeves in the Puff -Sleeve Feminine Cardigan (PSFC) and boy, that couldn't have come fast enough. I had about 350 live stitches on the needles and I was having a time keeping them all moving towards the end there. This is the view from my knitting chair. I would like to think I will be sitting here all weekend, watching the last bit of daylight trailing across my floor, but I have a power weekend. You know the kind: out of towners, 2 preschool birthday parties to attend, dust bunnies to wrangle, and a hair cut for the boy who could use a barrette at this point.


I watched Memoirs of a Geisha last night. I adore this movie. The images, the colors, and the cinematography enchant me. Perfect movie for the Project Spectrum Elements theme. Following the thread of the color red woven through Chiyo's life added another rich and dramatic layer to already poignant imagery.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the tempting view of your cardigan, I can't wait to see it all finished!

Mo said...

I'm a Rooster. GB is a Rat...is it supposed to be a great year when your sign matches the year's? The cardigan looks great so far. I thought Memoirs of a Geisha was great too.

Mom said...

You always give me great tips on movies to watch, and I haven't seen Memoirs of a Geisha, but I will the next time Papatot goes out of town. Can you send pictures of the Little Man's new haircut??? See you and the wee ones on Wednesday. Love, Mom