Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sublime

colorway up close


I have started a pair of socks, yes my boring old stockinette socks again, in really lovely yarn. Deb from Fearless Fibers creates the prettiest colorways. This particular mix of gold, rose, wine, and olive is aptly named Sublime. The yarn is very soft although a bit thinner than what I normally use for sock yarn. Her hanks are 550 yds so a shawl would also be beautiful in her yarns.



colorway when you squint


Speaking of the sublime, can you feel the inspiring energy surrounding this election process? I don't stump for politicians, but I do stump for change. We as a nation are greatly in need of a stir up when it comes to our politics and I think this year might be heralding a term that will be more productive and less divisive. How very exciting.

"Neither man or nation can exist without a sublime idea."
Fyodor Dostoyevsky




3 comments:

Marmee said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You have a touch with picking out color.

Ashley said...

Beautiful yarn, can't wait to see your socks finished!

Mo said...

That colorway is so pretty! It's weird, but to me stockinette isn't boring, it's neat & orderly...which is good. The socks look great so far!