Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sublime Socks


Pattern: My basic sock recipe

Yarn: Fearless Fibers super wash merino 'sublime'

Needles: US #1 dpn's

I really like this yarn, the end fabric is sturdy and soft, although it is pilling a bit. I am not put off by pilling since all of my sweaters and socks receive a good amount of wear time. Holding a 30 pound toddler has slightly felted the front and sides of almost every sweater I own. The wear and tear on a mother's wardrobe is loves collateral damage. I digress. The socks haven't left my feet for a couple of days. Yep, that is how much I like them.

Speaking of sock yarn, Ashley has opened her own Etsy shop and I am so excited to have ordered some of her lovely yarn. She has an eye for color combos. I had a tough time deciding what to buy since almost every one called my name. I also struggled with the idea of telling y'all about her, because I want all of the yarns for myself, but she needs more than one client. Check out her hand dyed goodness at Enchanted Fibers.

I chose two colorways for the Project Spectrum months of April and May that represent the element earth. I want to take my time with these yarns, so instead of my usual stockinette, I want to knit a patterned sock. Please help me choose a sock pattern that meets these requirements: no cables, easily memorized pattern repeats, relatively quick, not jaywalker (have done those). Thanks for your suggestions! I am also open to any finger weight shawl or scarf ideas.

3 comments:

mushroomvillagers said...

I am always amazed by your socks. They look perfect. I have never knit a pair yet, but I think I may have to try. Soon.

the Lady said...

Let me know if you find the perfect pattern. I too am trying to find something a little more involved than stockinette to show off my special skeins of Koigu, but not something too difficult to pick up any old time. Good luck on the search!

Enchanted Yarn & Fiber said...

Oh Heather, you are so sweet! I know that whatever you do out of the yarn will be scrumptious! I can't wait! :)
-Ashley