Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Puff- Sleeved Feminine Cardigan



Pattern: Puff- Sleeved Feminine Cardigan from Fitted Knits (Ravelry link)
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style, hollyberry 6.5 skeins (1.5 more than pattern called for!)

Needles: US size 6 circular, size 9 to bind off

Size: 34




Notes: Go get a beverage, we'll be here awhile.

I added 7 stitches worked in seed stitch to either end to create the button band as I knit. I took Melissa's advice and placed a button hole every 15 rows. I followed the pattern to the peplum, only did one ridge row to mirror the neckline, left out the lace and worked in stockinette with increases in the same place as the waist decreases. The peplum is still flared out because of the increases. I did 10 rows of seed stitch on the bottom rather than the ridges. I also knit a single ridge on the sleeve to mirror the neck/peplum.

I used 9 buttons which I sewed to the band with a smaller backing button for stability. I swooned and cursed often during this process, but it was worth it.

I enjoyed the yarn except it did grow during blocking so I wish I had knit more decreases at the waist to compensate for that, but overall I love this cardigan.




collar folded down and me looking very proud of myself

12 comments:

Sandra said...

adorable! love the color you chose for the cardigan.

nice jobs on the mods, it was well worth the effort.

Marmee said...

You should be very, very proud of yourself. And no wonder you get so many projects done, you only have to knit very small dimensions....you are a little bit of nothing, sweetheart!

Christie said...

Very cute! That sweater is perfect for your body type...it looks adorable. I love the color! Hey, we both debuted red sweaters [paired with a l/s black tee underneath] today! A TOAST! To cute wearable cardis!

Mom said...

That is one beautiful sweater, and you look great in the pictures!!! No loosing 5 lbs for you, my dear. I am SO proud of you. Love, Mom

Elizabeth said...

It looks awesome! Your buttonband looks great, in particular - and that's a great photo of you at the bottom.

amandajean said...

so pretty!
(you and the cardigan.)

melissa said...

you should be looking very proud, it's beautiful!

Shawna said...

beautiful work:o) i hope you get lots of "where'd you buy that?" comments;o)

chancy said...

That cardigan turned out so cute. Great job.

Tammy said...

It's beautiful.. and fits so well! Great work!

amanda said...

Heather, it's beautiful!! I love the color and the look of it over the long sleeved t. NICE!

Jami said...

Love, love, love! And happy belated birthday!!