Monday, January 7, 2008

Stella Luna


The cozy v-neck sweater I am knitting is coming along nicely, but I just didn't feel like working on it Sunday. So I cast on for a quick hat with the second skein of Aurora 8 in my stash. I highly recommend this project, it was quick, interesting, and decidedly unique. By the way, if you find yourself in need of a good laugh and limbering exercise, take photos of a hat on your own head.




Stella's Hat

yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 color 1305 1 skein + a few yards

needles: size 8 circular and dpn

mods: knit to 5.5 inches before decrease rather than 6 because of lack of yarn.

verdict: I adore my odd little hat.

7 comments:

The_Add_Knitter said...

That last shot is the killer--love that hat, and glad to have an odd skein of Karabella around that will fit the bill...

Mom said...

I love the head that cute hat is on!!! Good job.

Sandra said...

that hat looks so cool in the aurora.

that melissa sure does know her cute hats.

Marmee said...

Way to go girl!! I love it and the photography as well!! Just look at all the knitting you are getting done!
Proud of you!

Mo said...

The hat looks great. I really like the name too...Stella Luna is one of the girls' favorite books.

Carmen said...

Beautiful hat! If I could just manage to knit as quick as you...

amandajean said...

I adore your hat, too!