Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rebirth

God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.
Isak Dinesen



Thank you for the kind comments about Ellen. If you'd like the pattern let me know, I'm happy to share.

The December solstice and holiday festivities are almost upon us. The next few days are the last push of the year, for many of us the craziest days of preparations. This time is usually so chaotic and stressful we forget what we are really preparing for. We have been celebrating in many ways the return of the light for the past few weeks, preparing for a rebirth in our lives whether it be spiritual or secular. I hope you find your light again, friends.

I hope you all find your path without much stumbling, that your hearts can be full even though you may feel alone, and that we can all bear each other up as we go into the unknown of a new year shedding the previous year's worries for they really are so small.

Keep compassion in your heart as you hold the hands of your children, the hands of your dying, the memories of those lost or astray, and the loved ones you visit. You will have been all of these things in the end.

I am on blog holiday for the next week or so. Safe travels and Happy Holidays to you all!

6 comments:

Michelle O. said...

What a beautifully worded post :)

Elizabeth said...

Happy holidays to you too! I love that Dinesen quote - makes me think I need to read her again.

Rose said...

Your lovely word really touched my heart. Are you planning on doing anything special for the winter solstice? My children and I string popcorn, make seeded pine cones and hang it on the trees in our yard. We leave apples out for the squirrels, too. Blessings,Rose

sixoneseven said...

Heather - thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm glad you left a link so I could click out to yours; this is a lovely holiday post. Happy holidays to you and your family :)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

What a beautiful post, Heather! I hope you have a lovely holiday, a merry Christmas, and a marvelous new year. See you in January!
Frances

Christine said...

Merry Christmas!