Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Juxtaposition



Here is the progress on my Cozy V-Neck. I love this yarn and happily knit away when I am not knitting Big Secret Gifts. This is what you see:

This is what I see. Little Man directs almost all of my indoor photos. He studiously arranged the yarn and became frustrated when the props wouldn't cooperate with his artistic vision. So he did what most would do. He speared it with a pencil and screamed. I was almost fired for that once.

I have also laughed aloud in hushed museums as I imagine an apprentice of da Vinci shooing away pigeons from a balcony, or Vermeer's wince at womens' shrieks when a toddler knocks over a chamber pot. Do you think there was a servant swatting at bees around Monet?

I finished listening to the LibriVox recording of Edith Wharton's Age of Innocence. I cried at the end. Really, I always shed big tears for Archer and his old fashioned immobility. That guy just drives me mad; I respect and despise him. Great story every time I read it.

I am toying with the idea of downloading Dickens's A Christmas Carol to listen to while I knit at night, but I don't know. It's so ...Dickensian... I have to be in the right mood.

triumph

2 comments:

Michelle O. said...

The knitting looks gorgeous so far. That is going to be one pretty sweater :)

the Lady said...

I can't wait to see the finished sweater! Wish I had your knitting mojo - it's getting COLD in Berkeley!