Monday, November 26, 2007

Kneadful Things

Hope your Thanksgiving was as delicious and filled with friends as mine was. The kids helped me bake bread. The recipe can be found here. I could knead and bake bread all day. The combo of labor, patience, and pay off is appealing to me. I really love how all of my senses are engaged. A thick slice with cold butter and coarse salt is my favorite breakfast.


I received a wonderful package from a wonderful friend. Marmee sent a box full of scrappy yarn, fabric, and Andes mints. Notice the candy missing from the picture. Sweets don't last long around here. Thank you to Marmee and her family, y'all made my day!
The yarn will be knit into some wee mittens and such after Christmas.


Does everyone feel like this? That life as we know it is on hold until After Christmas? I have to laugh because I am a January junkie. I love the holidays, don't get me wrong, but nothing calls my name like the blank page of January. I know one thing I am really looking forward to finding out after Christmas: the winner of The Lady Knits contest. I hope you all enter and I win. ;)

4 comments:

Michelle O. said...

Yes, I am totally in love with Marmee's yarn :) The Ande's mints didn't last long at my house either!

amanda said...

I usually get sad when the holidays are over, but you are right - the blank slate of a new year. I'll try to remember that this year!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love January, too. By the time it rolls around I'm tired of the holidays and love how clean and spare my house looks without Christmas decorations. I get all kinds of January energy. Unfortunately, it tends to peter out by February ...

Sandra said...

what's up with people wanting to send you their scrap yarn all the time now? ;)