Monday, November 19, 2007

Cabled Raglan

Miss A is a dramatic child. She is prone to making up long stories, jubilant dancing, and method acting. She loves to have her "scenes" videotaped and instantly replayed. Over and over and over. Dancing and singing for total strangers? Yes! Posing for a requested picture? No no no.

Despite chasing her down and bribing her to not make that face and put her tongue back in her mouth, I was able to snap a couple shots of her in the green sweater. The belly sticking out photo is her favorite by the way.


Miss A's Cabled Raglan
2 skeins Vanna's Choice in olive
#8 & 6 circulars and DPN's
based on the child's neck down pullover pattern by Knitting Pure and Simple
Mods:
I started with the ribbed collar rather than add it at the end. I also made a very wide neck since this will be passed down to brother and he has a big head. What is almost boat necked on Miss A will be crew neck on Little Man.

I also added an 8/10 cable to the front panel. This is an easy and quick sweater that can be modified so many ways.

I once used this pattern to make the 3 month size and I think it only took me 2 days to make it. Keep in mind for quick baby gifts.

Thanks to my Dad, brother , and Max the dog for visiting. We had a great time and hope to see you all again soon.

8 comments:

Sandra said...

great sweater! love the mods you made to it. and kudos to A for being such a ham (in those two pics, anyway).

btw, altho Miss A has really light blonde hair like her dad, her face is totally all you.

amandajean said...

cute cute cute!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

The sweater is adorable and so is Miss A! It is wonderful to have two boys, but sometimes what I wouldn't give for a little girl to make knit for ...

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Frances

amanda said...

Heather, it's adorable!! I really love it.

tonni said...

Great job on the sweater! Your A is just too cute... I think you have a budding actress in the family!

Nichole said...

what a cutie!

oh, and i love that sweater. as always, i am so impressed. :)

Mom said...

Oh my beautiful Miss A...you are trey chic!!! I like the stomach sticking out photo too. That's just how Nana looks too! Heather, I love the picture of your babies and my baby boy...Uncle Michael. Of course, let me not forget all dogs Max!

Lisa said...

Little Miss A's sweater is so nice! I have worked with Vanna's Choice a couple times( the two hooded sweaters I showed you, one in the purple, one in the same olive green) and it IS nice for an acrylic and it is a good yarn for that gauge (4 sts to the inch). Amazing what they can do with that(acry.) these days! The cable up the front was a great design feature.
Your children are so cute!
Although I have to admit that your son on the other swing, I couldn't tell what that was for a few long seconds! I saw legs and feet but no body! Then I realized he must be swinging on his tummy! Ha!