Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pebble Beach Socks


Pebble Beach Socks
Specs:
Basic top down sock pattern
Number 1 DPN's
Knit Picks Felici in "pebble"

Again, I have to say I like the Felici yarn. It is soft but seems sturdy enough. I am very happy with this pair. Socktoberfest is in full swing! I plan on trying a toe up version for my next pair. I am so used to my usual sock pattern that I could knit socks in my sleep ( and sometimes I think I do) but change can be a good thing.

I have been listening to Elizabeth Klett's recording of Lady Audley's Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon. I downloaded the audiobook from Librivox. Elizabeth is the author of A Mingled Yarn, one of my favorite blogs. She is also going to record House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. I enjoy Wharton and am anxious for the recording to be complete. When I finish listening to this book, I am going to download The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton as read by Brenda Dayne of the Cast On podcast.

For those who haven't listened to Brenda's podcast, let me tell you this woman has a voice as rich and warm as cognac sipped by a roaring fire. I could listen to her read a phonebook and be transfixed.

Elizabeth Klett's voice is as soothing and cool as water slipping over a fountain's edge. She is by trade a Shakespearean Professor and conveys the emotion and tone behind each sentence with the gentle unwavering mastery of a true storyteller.

Thank you to everyone who so generously gives their time to record these books and poems for Librivox.

Open your ears and your minds!




7 comments:

amandajean said...

love those socks! those colors are great.

Marmee said...

Your socks are darling, sweetheart!!
They look soooooooo professional. What a little knitter extraordinaire!
Keep up the good work.

Sandra said...

i adore elizabeth. one of my favorite knitters as well. feel like i've known her forever. :) i have to check her out over on librivox. been meaning to but your post is finally gonna give me the push i need.

great socks, love that felici. . .

Ashley said...

Your socks are beautiful and I can't wait to see what you think of the toe up method. I have already started listening to Jane Austen's Persuasion on Librivox. Thanks for suggesting that to me! It's an awesome resource!

Carmen said...

I'm trying to start a toe-up pair of socks myself ... gotta admit that the cast-on is probably giving me more grief than the rest of the sock will!

Beth said...

Your socks are beautiful! I wish I knew how to knit!

Leigh said...

This socks are awesome! Love the color. They look so comfy and relaxing....