Friday, October 26, 2007

Mint Leaf Tee

Thank you for all of the sock sympathy. The toe up didn't work for me this time, but I will not be defeated. The dreary weather over the past few days has been a catalyst for finished objects. Nothing is as comforting as the rainy drizzle, hot coffee, snuggly blankets, and a lap full of knitting.


Hi. I'm a rainy day picture.



Mint Leaf Tee

Based on this pattern

1 hank of Brooks Farm Duet

size 4 and 6 circular needles

I am so happy with this little sweater. The yarn is soft and fluffy with a rustic spin. There are thick/ thin spots and I like the nubby texture. I cannot for the life of me get a photo of the true colorway. I knit as directed only adding ribbing to the bottom and neckline. The rolled neckline was a bit too close to the 80's ripped sweatshirt look and I am no Alex Owens.

I haven't blocked it yet because I need your advice dear readers. Should I add the ribbing to the sleeves or leave them rolled? Discuss.

This is the lace panel. Wouldn't this look great on some kilt hose? I have ordered a bunch of yarn for holiday gifts. I am making everyone I know a cable knit toilet paper cozy! Just kidding.

I really am waiting on yarn for gift making. Which is of the surprise variety, so you won't be seeing it yet. I will be publicly knitting a sweater from Stefanie Japel's book Fitted Knits. Whenever I decide which of the fabulous designs I want to make first.

Ooh, this weather reminds me of a favorite: Overcast by Baudelaire.


Happy Weekend!

10 comments:

Sandra said...

that is a cute tee you got there. i'm glad the yarn worked out for you. :)

leave the sleeves as is. i like em rolled up like that. cute.

my favorite poem by Baudelaire is that drinking poem.

have a lovely weekend!

amandajean said...

love your tee sweater. so cute.

the Lady said...

that sweater tee looks so cozy! my personal preference would be to add ribbing, but i think they look fine as is.

Mom said...

I agree with Sandra (Hi Sandra) that the sleeves look cute rolled up. It adds a different dimension. Cute, cute, cute, and I can't wait to see it in person next week!

Heather said...

I love the tee, I have some duet I bought for clapotis but decided against it because I thought it would be too itchy against my skin. This would be a great project because I could layer something under it. I think I would add ribbing around the sleeves too.

Ashley said...

I think I would add ribbing to the sleeves, just to add symmetry since there is ribbing around the bottom and neck...but that's just me :) The weather is so wonderful! I want to be knitting so bad! :)

Marmee said...

Your sweater looks gorgeous, dahling...I am afraid, like daughter like mother on this, I would add ribbing just to balance it out...we're bad, huh?
I love, just love rainy days and holidays....

Carmen said...

I'm going to have to vote for ribbed sleeves...

Nikki said...

Well, your readership's advice is so mixed I don't know how you'll decide, but I'd say to add the ribbing to the sleeves.

For a second I thought you were serious about the toilet paper cozies. Whew!

amanda said...

I vote for ribbing, too. I think it will give it a finished look and coordinate with the neck and bottom.