Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gimme a reason

Do you ever get to feeling like the world is a little too weird all at once? I mean like every time you glance at your homepage, turn on NPR for a minute, or half listen to the nightly news the 'very very bad' seems to suddenly outweigh the 'bad but normal' in the world?

I even felt something was just wrong with the world at the beach. I was alone at the shore watching the waves break and the sun dip on the horizon. Instead of tranquility, I felt like the world was just too damn close. Those Godzilla Condos were breathing down my neck and all of the stupid tiki hut looking things just pissed me off. I guess I'm just saying I get my fill of humanity quickly and the humanity in the news lately is infuriating. Didn't we have an Enlightenment? Was I the only one who took notes? Just grumping.
So, given my current period of disenchantment with it all, I've been looking for reasons to smile. I found a few and thought I'd share.

I am loving the new project on the needles, Mint Leaf Tee. The yarn, oh, the yarn. So soft and lovable with out the need to house train it. I'm using Brooks Farm Duet from the haul Sandra sent my way. The color is a frosty, minty green that is camera shy.

It was cool enough today to wear some handknit socks. These are my Bloody Mary socks. Miss A calls these shoes my ruby red slippers.
I live in Alabama near these people.

3 comments:

the Lady said...

You made me laugh out loud with that last picture!

Eh, sometimes life is like that.

Anonymous said...

I love that you carry the camera in your purse. That last photo almost made me shoot coffee out my nose! Can we give the pumpkin a stem transplant?
-Hubby

tonni said...

LOVE your pics. Where did you get the pattern for the Mint Leaf T? If you want to find a place at the beach without those huge condo's breathing down your neck, try out Cape San Blas. This is where we vacation... out in the middle of nowhere... I mean OUT :) On the panhandle, heading east about 30 minutes before Apalachicola, close to Pt St Joe. Lovely... not many people.