Friday, September 14, 2007

Fad Classic


Hooray! I finished my Fad Classic today! Miss A gave it the thumbs up.


Pattern: Fad Classic by Wendy Bernard


Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in 'indigo'


I really like the way this turned out. I struggled a bit with the straps, but despite a few mistakes, I am looking forward to wearing this vest out and about.

The only mods I made are in sizing: I started with the 34" size on the straps because I have broad shoulders and vests tend to cut into my neck if I don't leave some roominess in the upper back. I decreased stitches after I joined in the round to get the 32" size which turned out just right. I only did 2.5 inches of ribbing at the bottom since the cotton will stretch with wear. This hit right above my pants line. I hate it when you get that (extra) bump from pants closures.
The photos are compliments of my kids and a strategically placed stool. It is awfully rainy here today so excuse the dark photos, but I just couldn't wait!

Have a happy weekend!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

BM and Miss A are quite the photographers! :)

Gorgeous fad classic. i have broad shoulders too so i should take the mods you made into consideration the next time i make a top (which is probably never at this rate. . .)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Looks fabulous! That's exactly the kind of thing I love to wear in fall (and it actually seems like it almost might be fall here in NC). If I can ever finish up with my twenty other projects, I'd love to make something like this.

Heather said...

Sandra,
Thanks! The kids were determined to help and it worked out for once. I'm all about mods now. I spent too much time knitting things I haven't worn.

left-handed housewife,
Thanks! This is a great knit once you get past the straps knit with two balls of yarn. My girl woke up yesterday morning and complained the hardwood floors were too cold. Fall is almost here in AL too.