Sunday, September 23, 2007

Equinox of Socks

Happy Autumn everyone! I finished the banana bread socks and Little Man's socks. Yes, they started out for Miss A, but even though she insists they fit her, I think they could be 1/4" longer in the foot. So LM will get this pair and Miss A's will be cast on shortly. She will never know about the switch because I do not have the super powers to rationalize with her. Let us never speak of this again.The banana bread socks are for me, knit from my basic sock recipe in Brooklyn Handspun yarn.
Disclaimer: No candy corn were wasted in the making of this photo.
The kiddos socks are also the basic recipe on a smaller scale and knit from hand dyed yarn from Sandra. Check out her new Etsy shop by the way. Full of very lovely items.

I have a busy couple of weeks coming up. We have field trips, birthday parties, out of town guests, doctors visits, and all the minutia that follows. I hope to finish the Juliet jacket in the midst of all this. I was deep into the lace panel the other night when I stopped to try it on and it was HUGE. I looked like this:
So, rip it, rip it, rip it, I frogged back to the underarms and decreased. I will try again. I truly am Romeo; in love with the idea of this sweater and unwilling to accept it will be the death of me.

"Look at the moon. No, that moon over there."*
Please be sure to look up Wed. night and glory in the ghostly light of the full Harvest moon. I promise it will be a tonic for your soul.


*for Michael

4 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oooh, I love that Juliet sweater. I may have to try that myself--right after I finish the 500 other projects on my list. Your next couple of weeks look like mine. That's why I love knitting--it's so portable!

Michael said...

Gee....I wonder who owns that moon

Sandra said...

i didn't realized I had inadvertently dyed self-striping yarn! too funny.

both socks look fabulous. glad the yarn came to good use. :)

B. said...

The moon is bright . . . over Lebanon tonight!