Saturday, September 8, 2007

Confession

I have posted now for several weeks. I think that it is time to open up about ourselves. Me first...

I am a sucker for quizzes. I especially like the ones floating around the webiverse that promise to match your answers to a particular inanimate object ( like yarn or coffee) and reveal the innermost depths of your soul. I always take the Jung and Myers-Briggs test with the idea that maybe this time my score will be different. Alas, I am always the same : INFJ.

The funny little quizzes make me smile. Being typed as mohair or cappuccino is decidedly more amusing than being classified as a person with a rich inner life and deep empathy for their fellow man who is too introverted to let anyone know about it. Hmm, that makes me wonder which work of literature I am...

I took this quiz today and here is my result.

You're Prufrock and Other Observations!by T.S. Eliot

Though you are very short and often overshadowed, your voice is poetic and lyrical. Dark and brooding, you see the world as a hopeless effort of people trying to impress other people. Though you make reference to almost everything, you've really heard enough about Michelangelo. You measure out your life with coffee spoons.
Well. Sums it all up. I guess my inner quest is over. Now what?

How about knitting?

The banana bread sock is at the heel and the Fad Classic is finally joined in the round. I had an embarrassingly tough time with the start of this vest. I don't consider myself a beginner knitter, but this really took some thought on my part. I had to correct a few mistakes as I went along and came to the conclusion one should under no circumstances knit while drowsy. Dangerous business that. I promise I have also been working on the Tulips cardigan from Knitscene. I only knit it while watching Mystery! Miss Marple series on PBS.
Yes, I guess since we are being totally honest with one another, I will also confess to having a special place in my heart for Miss Marple. I warn all of my family now, when I am geriatric, I fully plan on wearing heavy tweed sweaters under plaid capes, carrying an umbrella and a wool weekender bag, and not allowing so much as a twitch to pass across my porcelain skin as you all drop dead around me from blows to the back of the head and poisonings. Fear not, dear ones, I will solve these insidious crimes and still sneak in a jaunty vacay by the sea.






























6 comments:

Sandra said...

i am really digging the color of your fad classic. it's a gorgeous shade of blue.

and how come when i tried knitting something up with the banana bread, it didn't nearly look as nice as your pic right there? no fair.

Heather said...

I had a tough time photographing the dark blue- but this pic is really close to the true hue.
The sock is very pretty- I love the diagonal striping effect (which is pure luck). Thanks again for the yarn!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm an INFJ, too! The first time I took the Briggs-Meyers was in tenth grade (eons ago), the last time I took it was about a year ago, and no matter what I do, I'm always INFJ. I read somewhere that only 2% of people get that result.

I love the banana bread yarn. I need to try some!

B. said...

So I took the tests and I too am INFJ, which is odd since I am completely judgmental (that even constitutes a judgment on myself right?). But then I think Jung was pretty clueless anyway (see, another judgment).

As for books this is what I came out as, which is very ridiculous (and funny):

"You're The Mists of Avalon!
by Marion Zimmer Bradley
You're obsessed with Camelot in all its forms, from Arthurian legend to the Kennedy administration. Your favorite movie from childhood was "The Sword in the Stone". But more than tales of wizardry and Cuban missiles, you've focused on women. You know that they truly hold all the power. You always wished you could meet Jackie Kennedy."

Heather said...

Wow. What are the odds of all of these INFJ's ?

b. - your book cracked me up. We should get M. to take these tests too out of curiosity. I have a strong desire to go rent The sword and the Stone... Disney version of course!

Sandra said...

i broke down and took the test. i'm ISTJ. . . Hmm, I guess so.