Monday, August 13, 2007

Socks!

Oh mail man you made me so happy on Saturday:

I ordered sock yarn from Knit Picks. The skeins are Felici in 'Firefighter' and 'Pebble'. The hanks are Memories 'Cape Cod'.

In January of 2006, I decided to knit socks for the first time. By Christmas I had knit 26 pair. Yup.

I hadn't had it in me to face the tiny needles and tiny yarn this year as I was burnt out. Until I saw this post from Sandra and well you know how it goes.

I cast on Sunday night and here is my progress:

I really am enjoying the pattern. The twisted rib cuff is brilliant, feminine but not fussy, and the slipped rib is easy enough to remember but not boring. Thanks to Sandra for creating this sock pattern.

I am knitting it in the Firefighter colorway. This is a self striping yarn so I won't get the same cool effects as her Sock Pal version, but I think it will be nice anyway. So far I like the Felici. It is very soft.

Mom came to visit this weekend and we had a great time. She baby sat while I went to the baby shower. Hubby was in Chicago on business, but he and I did get a date night Friday which was fabulous. Thanks, sweetie! Mexican food and good conversation are my idea of a great time. I had so much fun with the ladies at the shower. I needed a night of uninterrupted chat. Being interrupted, especially by my children, is absolutely my biggest peeve. My eyelids curl back I get so mad about it. Miss A does it every time I try to have a conversation with anyone other than her. Arrgh. Needless to say, the party was very good for me indeed.

Little Man just ran by in nothing but an Elmo vest. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

wow, didn't know knitpicks had come out with some new sock yarn. i hope they have more superwash varieties this time around. i'm looking forward to seeing how that firefighter colorway look knit up a bit more. so far, so good. . . :)