Thursday, August 30, 2007

Smudged Lens: Nevermore


Little Man took a long ( overdue ) nap yesterday afternoon and I was able to stitch up a case for my new camera.

I needed a protective bag so the drippy sippy cups and loose crayons in my purse wouldn't mar the pretty new camera my sweetie bought for me.

A quick search in the craft closet ( yes that is how ultra geeky I am) and voila! My quilted camera case with raven * button was born.

I used two scraps leftover from a table runner I made last year, batting, and burgundy corduroy. The corduroy will also hopefully appear here soon as a skirt for fall.

My new Canon SD750 rests snug and safe in her wee sleeping bag. I love the satisfaction of a quick project.

I have company coming in for the holiday weekend so I will see you all here again next week.

* technically, this button is probably not a raven but a starling. But, I love the poem and well, no body's poefect. Get it? Ha Ha. OK, I'll stop.

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Just wanted to say I really love this! I've got a bunch of scrap material leftover from a throw I'm working on and have been wondering what to do with it. What a great idea!

Sandra said...

love the new banner! altho it reminds me that summer is dwindling to an end. :( i'm personally a summer gal. i just love the way the city empties out during the summer weekends and time just seems to slow down. then there is baseball, bbqs, cold beer, pretty summer skirts and dresses. oh, i miss it already!

ANYWHO, that case is too cute. and nice fancy new camera to boot! man, i really need to learn how to sew. . .

HEWY said...

Nice camera case. Thanks for visiting my site!