Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The living is easy



We visited some of my family this weekend. Now that we are a few hours drive instead of nine, well, this will happen quite often. And I am glad for it. I had forgotten how nice it is to go 'home'. You know, where you can just slump on the sofa and not have to say a word if you don't feel like it.



We all went to a Jazz party in a quaint downtown district that has an amphitheater, soda shops, quilt and yarn shops, and a grassy plaza for the kids to run around. We had a blast. Miss A and Little Man got to create some fun memories with their Great Grandparents. Miss A wore her new dress and LM slept for most of the evening under the shade of a tree. Tough life, huh?
One day I will tell you about my Grandparents. They are amazing and fun, and I so hope Miss A and LM get to know them as well as I do.



On the knitting front, I have started the Tulip Cardigan by Kat Coyle from Knitscene Fall 2006. I am using a cheap yarn cause I just didn't feel like investing much if I don't wear it. I have no idea if this will turn out ok, but if it does and I wear it (outside in public) then I will knit it again in a dreamy yarn. It is super easy to knit and the miles of stockingette are just the daydream inducing stupor I need right now.

I also started a baby sweater for a soon to be arrival that I am making up as I go to look ( hopefully) like the Elizabeth Zimmermann February Baby Sweater like this one. Oh my Oh my I could eat it with jam and butter.



Speaking of yummy things, my Grandpa (yes the one in the yellow shirt up there) gave me some homemade bread, some homemade (muscadine,scuppernong?) jelly and the best homegrown tomatoes I have tasted in 7 long years. I whipped up some biscuits last night and sat myself down to a plate of sliced tomatoes with biscuits covered in butter and jelly. It was as close to being a Holy moment as I can get. If you have ever tasted real tomatoes with just a kick of salt and pepper and hot biscuits from the oven then you know what I mean. The family and I fed our bodies and souls well. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma.




No comments: